jeudi 4 janvier 2007

i think my writing style's changed.

I.
it was cinco de mayo& we ditched school
to go downtown where all the taco shops
looked festive and extra friendly.
my voice sounds like my mother's on the phone
so i called in sick, didn't get in any trouble,
before asking you what you were going to do
and you said you didn't really care about trouble,
as long as we got to spend the day together.
we ate tamales; had some beer& horchata
II.
i was staring at the ceiling the other day.
thinking about how cute you look in sombreros
and how all hats in general tend to make my
face look wide, but you kissed my nose anyway.
III.
y'know. i have a picture of him, framed, on my bed stand
he says he trusts you and that he trusts me too.
he thinks it's good that you make me laugh, even though
i never smile when he& i go to the movies. i can see
the understanding on his brow when i mention your name,
and i think he'd let me go. but that's not fair.
and it's not like we've done much, anyway.
you've seen my bare shoulders. we've held hands
but that's it. so let's finish this; bring us to a close.
there never should have been an us in the first place.



the ending's real weak.


you know. if you click the pictures they get bigger. just sayin'. in case some of you folk's weren't aware of that.