mercredi 6 août 2008

SOME GENTLEMAN YOU TURNED OUT TO BE

.


CURRENT PLAYLIST
Santogold+Justice: L.E.S.D.A.N.C.E
Danger: 11h30
Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip: Angles
Frank Omura: The Juggernaut Audition
The Management: Kids (Afterschool Dance MegaMix)

CURRENT READS
Ian McEwan: Amsterdam
Seneca: Slaves


Aujourd'hui, I went to the Quest Diagnostics lab to get my blood tests over with. While I was waiting to get my insurance papers in order, I saw a a little Chinese girl, maybe little over a year old. She stared at me while I made faces at her and smiled when I puffed my cheeks. But then she had to get a shot, and when she came back out, she clung to her father and cried. I hate that. And then there was this little white boy who started whining in this incredibly sad high pitched voice when his mother went into the doctor's office, but his father calmed him down and the kid soon began running around, looking shyly over to where my mother and I were sitting.. it was the cutest thing.
The TV in the waiting room was set to some AccentHealth channel; this is how I know how pointless it is to take SRC in high school: all they talked about was which vegetables have high vitamin C content and how you should always where a helmet when you skateboard... why anyone would pay to have that TV channel is beyond me. Maybe just to see Dr. Sanjay Gupta and his odd eyebrow flexibility lecture you on mirror therapy for amputees...
Who knows.

Anyway. The blood test was, thankfully, short, none of that goddamn stick a needle in me 7 times to look for the right vein shit. My mother said that the Quest Lab tends to have more proficient nurses.



I used to be terrified of taking blood tests, that huge needle and the ridiculously tight rubber band--make a fist... and, relax. Now I figure that since I have to take one twice a year, might as well watch as they do it and wonder at how quickly the little test tube fills up with my blood. But it's still cold in the lab, and the patient's chair looks like something one would be executed in. But whatever.

After we went to Yoshinoya, and my mother laughed at the amount of ginger I spilched from them. I said that I didn't take too much, that would be mean, and then I opened my container and all of the rice was covered in nice, fresh red ginger.
Muaha. I'm Korean. Leave me alone with my ginger.



And then I went to Chang's suffered for three hours before going to Chino with my mom. We looked around at Target then picked up my sister and hit Barnes&Nobles, where I got to page 131 of Ian McEwan's Amsterdam. I really do like his style of writing-- it's very introspective and.. slow moving. He takes the time to ponder detail after detail and every thought; he seems to know the characters incredibly intimately, and he sure as hell knows how to tell a story...
Anyway. I can't wait to finish the book.




.
Very interesting blog. Very.
But very NOT SAFE FOR WORK. Don't say I didn't warn you:
http://www.theingoing.blogspot.com/