lundi 18 août 2008

balance through imbalance

.







CURRENT PLAYLIST
Afghan Raiders: Solid Gold (Techjio Remix)
Herve: Cheap Thrills (Detboi Remix)
Sharkslayer: Cold As Ice
















we sat there, watching minnows circle. the sunset was in my back and the edge of the bank was damp. like our hair. the wet stones seemed to tease our sight. i had no sense of space or depth. all i could understand was that we were here together, and the little fish were eating each other. my skin felt distantly clammy, and the light hitting the river pushed me into myself as i rode the sunbeams out.
and then your head was on my shoulder. i smelled the muddled aroma of wet skin and dirt and the crook of my neck became warm. the day was just too hot. everything seemed filtered through orange and deep brown. your musk meddled in mine; your sweat fused us together and i didn't understand what was going on. but i smiled and laughed when appropriate, my elbow in the proper pose and all other thoughts away from me. i remembered you as you remembered me.
how do you explain moments like this to yourself. you remember through vague waves of feelings; you remember joy and timidity and softened hope, and then a lingering depression of acceptance, a weight of understanding. i can't remember specific sights, and every time i relive it in my head, something changes. the only thing that remains constant is the result and the smell of your skin.











.