mardi 4 décembre 2007

one of my favorite poems

.










note to self-- post more often. even more than once a day is fine.



today i didn't look at either of them in the eye. but i did speak to one and he answered curtly.
i saw the other one sitting with his mom. i always liked his mom. she's sweet.
and today i enjoyed the sunset from my house.
i scratched my dog's ears as i had a cigarette near the fire pit,
just staring at the wide, wide expanse
of COLOR.
it made me want to make the sky a god. to worship and to love.
and then i thought about how i've never enjoyed the sunrise
as much as i do the sunset.
maybe because with sunrise, at that time of night/morning
i'm too consumed to bother
with anything outside myself and the work of my hands.
today i fell in love with a dress and got angry at my physics teacher.
nothing new.









.