mardi 29 janvier 2008

i've been gone, i know.

.


written by rodgers and hammerstein for the sound of music.

edelweiss, edelweiss,
every morning you greet me,
small and white,
clean and bright
you look happy to meet me..

blossoms of snow may you bloom and grow,
bloom and grow forever

edelweiss, edelweiss
bless my home land forever











captain von trapp and his maria








hello. how has everyone been.
since my last post (which was, admittedly, a while back)
i've gone to all-southern and come back,
had ridiculous fun with michael in long beach,
received my report card,
smoked 3 packs of parliaments, drank several liters of coffee,
wrote a satisfactory poem,
read more than a dozen of emily dickinson's works,
celebrated the birthday of a dear friend,
danced around the room singing edelweiss,
fell half into a crush over one of my teachers,
tore a painting in half,
learned that fuji apples are to my liking.

during the summer, the space in between days narrows and weakens, not allowing for great rest or healing. the moon is not lenient and the stars limited in their mercy.
but now it is winter. night is long and paradoxically warmer than that of summer.
there is more space in between the days.




i've been wearing so many scarves these days.



.