lundi 20 octobre 2008

for you, i am unhurt. but for me, i'm frightened.

.



there are certain beauties that shine from inside my eye, outward toward the world, so that i never know whether the source is within me, or if its merely a reflection of external wonderment. i can feel them glow when my thoughts get hazy, and i'm lifted into a calmer state of mind, where i can think of old hurts and new patches of rawness without the sadder strains of emotion.
my foot is on a ledge of a bureau on which faded pictures are scattered, half burned. a candle sinks too fast and the wood is cold.











before nov 1 i must finish:
studying for physics, mathIIc, lit subject tests
stanford supplement/common/rec letters/secondary school report and send everything

that's in less than two weeks. i feel like a fish in a boiling metal pot.