dimanche 14 septembre 2008

PLANETS

.

RATHER LENGTHY POST:
(sorry but I feel like talking)






FRDY:

Deadline night/ Branding Iron game
Deadline night was slightly infuriating because of the slow pace and the fact that we finished at 1 AM. We did eat Moca Salsa, though, which was delicious. And earlier on in the evening I went with Kevin and Janice to watch Burn After Reading, which was a wonderfully dark comedy. Tilda Swinton was amazing, as was George Clooney and John Malkovich. Brad Pitt just looked like he had a fucking shitload of fun while he filmed it. He must have, given his character. I think he acted just like Kevin does, actually. Just a little crazier. Oh, and Frances McDormand was hilarious yet disturbing as well.



And as for the Branding Iron game, I did not attend because of deadline night, but I did go down to the field with press badges and our photographers to make sure they got good shots ... and to see Mr. Gunderson






STRDY:

Took the ACT in the morning. Fuck it. Fuck all standardized testing.

Then R picked me up and we choo choo over to his optometrist, then Yorba Linda to go to Joann's. Then to his house so his roommate can make some makeshift tie for him out of tape and the fabric he bought. Then J leaves. Then R and I kill time before picking L up at work. Then.. then then what . Then we drive over to San Bernadino for fucking NOCTURNAL.
Which was progressively fun. I say progressively because at first it wasn't all that great, what with the bastards and the e that took forever to kick in. But as the night got older, it got to be so fucking amazing.
I admit that the pills were too mellow. But they didn't serve me all too badly.
And the music also got increasingly better as it got later. Which reminds me: when we stepped in the gate, there was a middle-aged white man with extremely long blonde tresses in a gold viking armorish suit playing the electric cello.
After the sun went down, I saw planets and met too many people that I don't remember and watched these people named Guy (?) and Steve (?)do illusionist tricks with these clear acrylic globes. Fucking tripped me out. I kept seeing little people inside them.
And the TREES. There were GORGEOUS TREES that looked kind of like monsters with wonderful layers of thick bark and leaves like none I've seen before. And then the colored paper lanterns in them that kept looking like solar system. And then the cool grass underneath that we laid on for so long...
Damn it was great.
Then L and I headed for the Top Ten Tent... R went somewhere, I think to see So Me. We got in while the second to last DJ was spinning so we could get upfront for for for DIGITALISM. And then DIGITALISM. I was right up front with L, holding onto the railing, rolling on the second pill right as they started spinning.
The fact that I was here makes me so happy:



DIGITALISM
DIGITALISM
DIGITALISM
DIGITALISM
I never knew that Jence was so cute. I've never really seen pictures of them in person, but when the duo got on stage i was all WHO THE FUCK IS THIS BEAUTIFUL SKINNY WHITE BOY. Most likely his German blood, yeah?





From NOCTURNAL:



Then went to R's house with L at like what 5 AM?
It is now technically

SNDAY:

J was asleep but woke up briefly. R smoked a little bowl and went straight to sleep, as did L in on the sofa downstairs. But MOI. I took a walk with a cig in hand, freezing my ass off and terrified because everything I saw--every shadow, fire hydrant, car, etc-- looked like PEOPLE. Got kind of lost but eventually made it back. Then I took a shower, changed into R's tshirt/boxers and went downstairs to watch HOUSE. Fell asleep on little futon thing.

I slept for two hours before waking up again at 845 AM because it was too fucking cold. I read, wrote, laid down, went on a walk, smoked cig after cig until noon, when finally everyone else started waking up. R went back to sleep and I laid next to him for a bit, then left, went downstairs for D's coffee. Then J made muffins and taught me how to make a shake with the Baskin Robbin's shake machine.

Fucking Awesome. New appreciation for butter pecan.

Then went outside with J and talked about.. about what, politics history literature movies? D joined us and eventually L when she finally woke up. R stumbled out at one point or another. Then R took L back to her car and I played on J's laptop and helped him fold his laundry until R got home. Then eventually J left for work and R and I had... fun. Then it got dark and I smoked half a pack in the dark while R talked online with his friend in Canada, who told me to shut up. Then R took a shower and I tried to gather all my shit before we left. I think I left a shirt next to J's bed, in spite of my attempt to not forget anything.
And now I'm home. Mlehk.




FUCK!!!
DIGITALISM!!!

.