vendredi 16 janvier 2009

the sun will spread our

.


I'm pretty excited for the inauguration. I want to go to Philadelphia.

day by numbers...
coffee cups: 3
cigs: 3
basketball games seen: 2
soccer games seen: 1
shirts worn: 5
bruises: 2




During the weekend it is, thankfully, easier for me to sleep. I wake up later, at least, after having gone to bed in the early morning... it's noon and I can hear the piano.. My mother is playing and singing softly: hymnals and other praise songs. The rising chord progressions wake me, shaking the sleep away with the movement of the songs. It's beautiful waking up like this, but I get up from bed with a heavy heart each time, unable to stay in bed because my thoughts are sinful, and my mother's music invades my mind. The blanket feels too warm, and I sit up in bed with a sigh; I recognize the song and contemplate singing along, but I never do. The sun is shining too harshly, and the sounds of a distant freeway rush through the window. I'm still tired.







.