samedi 26 mai 2007

get ready, the best way

.







today i woke up earlier than usual& took a long shower. half the time i sat in the stall thinking.
thoughts so fast that it seemed as if there were none.
when i got out i rubbed lotion all over my body and dried my hair with a coarse towel.

by three, i was all dressed up with no where to go.
not yet, anyway.

by seven i was at a party, overdressed and underplayed, sober and half tired.
people blurred and shifted the awkward feeling around as skin touched skin.
movement of bodies like the beating of the music.
my ears went fuzzy afterwards.
i didn't really feel like dancing.

i came home late and changed into a loose shirt and boxers.
i wrapped a scarf around my head and took off my bracelets.
i don't think that i'll sleep tonight.














.